Friday, May 14, 2010

Heavens Angel, short stay on earth.

How very softly you tiptoed into my world,
Almost silently,
Only a moment you stayed,
But what an imprint your footprints
Have left on my heart...
Photobucket
I am filled with emotion today,
I was asked to photograph baby Grant as he entered into this world.
Brad and Megan are such wonderful people. At 20 weeks Pregnant, Megan found out her little
angel wouldn't be here on this earth for long due to kidney failure.
She endured the last 20 weeks of her pregnancy preparing, or trying to prepare herself for today.
She gave birth to a beautiful baby boy weighing 6 pounds 15 ounces.
The doctor handed Megan her whimpering special boy right after he was delivered
He was working really hard to breath.. 
There was not a dry eye around :(
Brad and family gathered around and gave him a name and a blessing.
I couldn't help but think of how special this baby was.
I was so honored to be in his presence.
Megan and Brad are two of the most amazing people I know.
This was a very spiritual experience for me.
This is exactly why I got into photography.
I love that I am able to give these amazing parents these memories
of their special boy.
The photos that were taken of Logan I hold close to my heart.
After being with Grant, I couldn't help but think about Logan
I am so grateful for gospel and what it has taught me.
I am so grateful that we can be a family forever.
Please pray for Megan and Brad.

I love you guys!

I would have loved to share more photos, but I think that Brad & Megan
want to hold them sacred.

Any kind comments are very much appreciated.

17 comments:

Brenna LaPray said...

So precious and touching. I will pray for their sweet family.

Unknown said...

Brad...he is absolutely beautiful.We will be thinking of you through this trying time and keep you in our prayers.

sillyhaywardfamily said...

I am in tears right now, and only can imagine the heartbreak that both you and this sweet couple are going through! He is such a precious beautiful boy, and they are truly lucky to of had his sweet little presence, (even if for a short little while!!) My prayers are definately with them!!!!!!

aubphotography said...

LOVE!!!! Great shots that will be priceless.....they are in my prays!! god bless. Thanks girl for sharing.

Haley Warner said...

What a lovely thing you've done for them by photographing this sacred and special day.. They are strong and amazing people to be Grant's parents. :)

Lyndsee H said...

I cant even imagine the emotion that was in that room. What a beautiful and perfect little boy and what faithful parents. My eyes are full of tears right now, as I can't even begin to comprehend the pain they are feeling. I love you so much and will keep their family in my prayers.

shannon said...

He is beautiful. What an amazing spirit Heavenly Father sent. My love and prayers go to Megan and Brad. Xoxo

Skye Johansen said...

Shanna these pictures are so beautiful and I'm sure you have so many more that will be such a gift to these parents. I'm so sorry for their loss. Thinking of your baby boy too, I'm sure this brought up a lot of emotion. Praying for this family!

Emily and Mike said...

I will keep them all in my prayers. He is an absolutely adorable little man. I can't even imagine what it must be like to go through something like this. Those pictures are wonderful, and I am sure they will cherish those forever.

Melinda said...

Shanna! Thanks for the sweet visit yesterday morning. What a special day it was. Little Grant is an amazing boy with a strong spirit, you could feel it in that room. These pictures are perfect!

Michelle Christensen said...

What beautiful pictures of such a sweet baby boy and special parents. Brad and Megan, I cried last night as Melinda recapped the special day, and I weep again now as I see the beautiful photos. All our love and prayers are with you during this time.

Katie said...

Wow, I am speechless, I think We as people don't realize how lucky we are to have healthy children. My heart aches for this family. He is a beautiful boy and I am sure will be missed. i know it's hard to think this now, as i am sure you know, but he is in a wonderful place right now and is able to do wonderful works in heaven. Thank you shanna for sharing this and helping us to all remember how fragile life is.

I am thinking of you and this sweet family today.

Love you

srbushman said...

Shanna, these pictures are gorgeous! And what a blessing for this family to have someone document his short life, and someone who has experienced it. I was away from my babies for 6 days (vacation) and I can't imagine being separated for a lifetime. You are amazingly strong.

Shannon said...

Thank you for posting this! I am one of Megan's friend who she went to High School with. She has always been so strong, and apparently her and Brad were the couple that were strong enough to bring little Grant to earth. Im glad I am able to see his sweet face.

Anonymous said...

Brad and Megan our prayers are with you. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be to go through this but please remember that so many of us love you and are praying for you.
I really believe that some of God's precious children are too important to his plan to stay with us here on earth for very long. One day you will be reunited with this incredible child.

Hone Family as in Ryan and Ashley said...

Sadly, I know I will soon be going through this exact same thing. My heart goes out to this sweet family.

Elise and Danny Neilsen said...

What an amazing family they must be. I will keep them in my thoughts and prayers. Grant is adorable. I'm sure they will treasure those pictures forever.